Patient Service Plan
The Patient Service Plan (PSP) is a comprehensive plan that combines all of the administrative needs of today’s pediatric patient and their family. There are many administrative costs and services we provide and/or are requested/required by other institutions, that are not covered by insurers. This consolidated plan allows our staff to provide consistent, efficient and timely attention to all families as well as combine all of our previous additional charges into one yearly fee.
To complement the PSP, we recommend keeping your credit on file with our off-site credit card clearinghouse – PayTrace. Having a credit card on file allows you to utilize our Express Check In and Check Out services, as well as having your account settled when your insurance company remits the explanation of benefits and payment to us. Having a credit card on file thus extends the time you have to pay. Remember, it is your insurance company that requires you to pay your co-pay, any deductible and/or co-insurance at the time of the visit. If you do not place a credit card on file or do not own a credit card then you must check-out and settle any deductible/co-insurance charges at the end of each visit.
To Pay your Patient Service Plan yearly admin fee, click here.
Benefits of the Patient Service Plan include:
- On-call service with access to a nurses and physicians 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including all holidays. This will minimize unnecessary visits to the emergency department or urgent care centers where they do not know your children or their medical information. This can save you hundreds of dollars on unnecessary high co-payments and facility fees.
- Completing forms for child care centers, schools, sports, and camps within 3 days and uploaded to a portal for easy and convenient access when you need them.
- Ability to e-mail our office staff for appointment requests, for questions about insurance and billing, to send in school and camp forms and have us send them back to you.
- Providing “same day” sick appointments.
- To be open 365 days a year.
- Access to our web-based secure patient portal system, including access to your child’s immunization record and summaries of their visits. This is also an efficient way to communicate with your doctor when you have non-emergent concerns or with the nursing staff for lab results and other medical information.
- Access to developmental screening tools so you may fill them out and think about them before your arrival for your child’s visit.
- Access to the AAP Education Library and other resources through our website.
- E-prescribing to your pharmacy new and refilling old prescriptions when appropriate so it may be ready when you arrive there.
- Documenting with an electronic health record system that is designed specifically for the practice of pediatrics.
- Coordinating care with other pediatric specialists and therapists.
- Conducting patient visits by board-certified pediatricians.
- Submitting insurance claims on behalf of all patients that are out-of-network.
- Sending copies of medical records to specialists and/or other providers at your written request.
- Filling out letters for airlines, work, school, pre-authorizations.
- Providing access to specialty services all in one place and avoiding waiting lists and often weeks/months to get appointments at other referral centers.
- Get appointments at other referral centers.
- Unlimited forms for daycare/ school/ camp and sports. Forms will be posted to your child(s) portal account and can be printed at home. Our office will also mail or fax any form as long as it is HIPAA compliant.
- Unlimited after-hours calls.
- Unlimited Email access to BOTH the office staff and your physician/clinician.
- Online scheduling of future appointments (same day sick visits will still be handled by phoning our office).
- Unlimited immediate access to your child’s medical record via the web. The portal allows access to printable immunization records, vitals/growth and more. This can be very useful if you are visiting another physician or in an out of town situation and need immediate access to medical records.
- Unlimited letters requested by your insurance company, airlines or special circumstances.
- Hours 365 days a year, including ALL holidays.
- Long office hours (some nights until 8-9 pm and all weekends) for working parents and caregivers.
- After hours and weekend well visits. (You do not have to miss work to take your child to their yearly physical and teens do not have to miss school.)
- Personal confirmation of upcoming appointments.
- Online pre-visit forms and surveys (such as lengthy autism screenings, developmental surveys, teen screenings, etc.) that can be completed at home, thus decreasing the time you and your child are in the office.
- Online billing services such as paying bills.
- The ability to quickly adapt to future improvements in healthcare technology.