The Be Fit/Stay Fit Program is designed to help children and adolescents learn how to live a healthier lifestyle through nutritional education and regular exercise.
- Be Fit/Stay Fit begins with a medical recommendation from a medical provider.
- Each participant will then have an individual Nutrition assessment and an individual fitness assessment.
- After completing both assessments, participants will attend weekly group nutrition and fitness classes (ideally, twice weekly for the fitness class).
- A point system will be used to help motivate participants.
- Re-assessments will be conducted at eight weeks.
The program begins with a visit with our Pediatric Nurse Practitioner which includes a comprehensive physical exam, initial laboratory evaluation, and identifying any emotional or behavioral issues. The goal of this visit is to identify any conditions that may accompany an unhealthy weight or lifestyle. The Medical Provider will then be seen throughout the program and any diagnosed conditions will be treated. Following this visit the participant will go on to the nutrition and exercise components of the program. If any emotional or behavioral issues have been identified the participant will schedule a visit with one of our Behavioral Specialists as well.
For more information: BeFit/StayFit Program