Resources and Handouts for TCFAP Asthma & Allergy Patients
Asthma & Allergy Links
Searching the Internet for medical information can be challenging and intimidating. To help you find the most reliable and accurate information about allergies, asthma and immunology issues, we recommend the following links to medical sites and support organizations.
- The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology – On this comprehensive site, not only will you find medical information but it will also help you find a board-certified allergist anywhere in the country.
- Immune Deficiency Foundation – This site is necessary for those with a primary immunodeficiency.
- American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology – Another all-inclusive site for allergy and asthma information
- American Latex Allergy Association – For those with latex sensitivity, this site provides exceptional support and information. This website also has an online store for latex allergy.
- Allergy and Asthma Network/Mothers of Asthmatics – This site is an excellent resource for patients and their families. You can join and receive updates, newsletters and shop at the online store.
- Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America – Another tremendous site for allergy and asthma information that also provides a newsletter.
- Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network – This site is essential for anyone with food allergies or family members with food allergic relatives. By joining the network patients are provided with food allergy alerts and recalls
- National Institutes of Health – The NIH is the premier government resource in medicine. You can research any area of medicine and ongoing studies.
- American Lung Association – This site provides reliable information for chronic respiratory illnesses.